Monday, October 03, 2005

denial

I am always giving advice and yet I miss the blatant signs right in my own backyard.
Like the old adage – the shoemakers’ children are always barefoot.
I am embarrassed…even ashamed. And now, of course I have to live with the repercussions. Not to mention what I am putting my family through.

It’s not like we can hide it anymore. It’s out there… for everyone to see.
I can’t help going over and over it again in my head. How did I miss all the warning signs? They were there, and now that I look back I can see how clear as day it was really. But I just ignored them, until now it’s gotten so bad that making things better will take weeks…maybe months

At this point, all I can do is hang my head in shame and hope that I can make amends in the spring. Yup. I will have to wait until spring ... it’s too late to solve a problem this big now. It’s all about timing you know. I have advised countless friends on the importance of timing. And yet I failed to heed my own warnings. Not only that but I tried to blame the drought for my problems….when clearly – the grass was dying because of grubs.
There – I have said it out loud. I have grubs.

Ooo the horror of it.

No comments: