Friday, March 17, 2006

Friday

tip-o-day

I should be telling you to drink green beer. Which is fine – I’ll probably do the same tonight. But tomorrow, you need to rake.
Yes, I know its cold out (well up here anyway) - suck it up.
You need to rake now, so that you can put down your crabgrass preventative soon.
Once this is down it forms a barrier which prevents crabgrass seeds from germinating. If you rake, you will disturb this barrier.
So get out there and pick up the sticks and rake up any debris lingering from last year. And if you live on a busy street like we do – rake the sand out of the grass near the road.
I like to rake it right into piles in the street, which we then wheelbarrow out to the back yard. I suppose we could wait for the street cleaners… but patience is not one of my virtues.

Expect to see lawn and garden tips each Friday for the next couple/few weeks as this is a very busy time of year, and timing is everything.

No comments: