Wednesday, October 10, 2012

reflecting

Today I am 50.
Tomorrow I will be 51.
I don't feel a day over 49 tho.
Unless I overdo it. Then I feel about 54.

I have taken the day off from work tomorrow. Of course I will be doing a project. Doesn't everyone do that when they take their birthday off from work?

I am planning to finish up work in the mudroom.

Here is how it looked before we moved in:
ew
I hope from the picture you can truly appreciate the filth. That back wall is a screen door and screened openings.

Here...just in case its hard to get an idea of just how bad it was. The picture below is the pantry - leading to the mudroom. We believe this was Rottweiler Ground Zero.
why o why did we buy this place...
The exterior door in the foreground has been removed as we made the 'porch' into an interior room.

We had this entire wall ripped down and replaced with new windows and an exterior door last year before we moved in.
Just before last winter I scurried around and insulated the wall and covered it with this attractive pink rigid foam.

detail of foam (and gratuitous large machinery in yard)

Finally this past weekend I got around to sheet rocking the wall.
no really...this is an improvement
It is my mission to finish this room this weekend.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you said you'd never sheet rock/mud again? And on your birthday, no less.

Happy birthday, welcome to the '50-something' club.

Maria said...

I am just astonished at your expertise. Holy shit.