Thursday, March 10, 2005

Compulsion

I am home today, waiting for the dryer repairman to come. There are loads of laundry in waiting.
My plan for the day, other than laundry, was to finish up some trim painting in the living room.

However, I went outside for just a moment to sprinkle some of that de-ice stuff on the walk -- in hopes the dryer repair man would not slip fall and break something, thereby not able to fix my dryer and did I mention there is quite a bit of laundry queued up.

See, we had this weird snow the other day, which left about an inch of ice underneath, that we were not able to clear with the snow thrower or shovels.
We generally keep the driveway cleared, clean and dry all winter. It’s civilized. Ice or snow on the driveway or walkways is not acceptable. But warmer weather is promised for just next week, so ‘waiting’ was the best option we came up with.

However, while sprinkling the ice stuff, I notice a loose piece, so I chipped at it, and it started to come up. More and more ice started to break up as I went. So I continued, on and on, gathering different shovels and other tools to lift and break up the ice. Chopping and scooping it out of the driveway, added more de-ice pellets, shoveling away the broken ice…. basically, I can't stop now.
I have to keep picking and chipping at it until its gone. It's driving me mad.
I simply can…not…stop chipping and picking and chipping and picking...
I am obsessed.

No comments: