Friday, March 18, 2005

Exercise Regimen

After having come to the conclusion recently that I needed to exercise as well as diet to take off those last 5 pounds – I immediately put on 3. This is a good thing tho – it’s all part of the dieting process. I call them Panic Pounds. It’s a reflex really. As soon as you say you’re going to diet, your body goes into panic mode -- to protect itself.

Regarding the exercise portion of my program – I can say this, I am not a quitter.
Are you familiar with the saying “You can‘t win if you don’t play”?
Well you can’t quit if you don’t start.
Works for me.

The dieting part (now that I am past the panic pounds) is actually working quite nicely, albeit slowly. But this is to be expected. I cannot lose 5 pounds in 3 weeks.
I can lose 1 pound in three weeks. It’s good to know your limitations.

My diet of choice is tried and true – starvation. Weeellll, perhaps not starvation like 3rd World starvation – this is more Americanized. It basically means eating a hell of a lot less. It’s a very convenient diet. No special foods to prepare, no planning, no counting points and you save money at the grocery store.

My downfall is weekend cocktails. I do so like my evening cocktails on the weekends. They really rack up the calories.
The first weekend I decided that rather than drinking beer, which is so high in calories it’s practically a food group – I would have vodka. That way I would drink less, as it’s so much more potent.
Yeah well. Tell a beer drinker to drink less. Ha.
Ok, Vodka is off the list.

This weekend I will stick with beer. I am planning to compensate for the calories during the day – by eating much less food I will get tipsy faster, and therefore drink less – less calories all around– it’s a win-win situation.

No comments: