Monday, February 09, 2009

back in the saddle

Now that's what a first day is supposed to be like.

There were meetings, and conference calls, and some paper work. Introductions, and tours. And of course some requisite down times - you know, where there is really not alot you can be doing and the folks who need to be showing you what to do really need to get some of their own work done. Those times were you read through the intranet site or the employee handbook.

The people are friendly, the environment is tidy and corporate - just the way weese likes her environments.

My new company makes a product... an actual product... you can hold in your hand and buy at a store. This is very unique for me as I have always worked for software companies. Today I met people who had been with this company for over 30 years. I have never worked for a company that's even been around for that long. What is really exciting is later this week I get to spend a day on a delivery truck, to get to understand that side of the business.
I am so excited.
I wonder if they'll let me wear a uniform. :)

14 comments:

iasa said...

What a wonderful first day. Hope the trend continues.

Val said...

Yay... glad you and the job fit together so nicely.

Take a pic of you in the uniform if you get to wear one on your 'tour'!

clammy said...

glad you're galloping along so smoothly. Enjoy your new job.

Anonymous said...

wow! kewl! I think you're the only person I know who has started a REAL job recently, let alone is happy about the new job and environment!

wait...uniform? pictures are a must! ;-)

KMae said...

Well, EXCELLENT!
And you'd be oh so cute in a uniform!

Hey what happened with that Sylvester cat, did he go along with the black cat?

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so glad it all went well for you!

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Landing a job these days is like winning the lottery. I'm so happy for you.

maxine said...

Weese in a delivery uniform. We need pictures.

sageweb said...

very cool. we just had a retirement party for someone who had been with the company 60 years..can you imagine?

KraftyKay said...

Congrats on the new job--I'm glad this one looks like a keeper!

LostInColor said...

Meant to be! I ya if you get to wear a uniform you must post pictures! :)

LilliGirl said...

YAY! Congrats on the smooth sail

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Having just made it through the third round of layoffs, I'm glad I didn't have to get my unemployment filing hat back on. I was a dot.com bust victim a few years ago.

Congrats! And, I hope you have...well, not 30 years there, but enough.

DawgDyke said...

Woot woot! Weese in a uniform!