Friday, February 27, 2009

gone fishin'

Actually, I despise fishing.

No really ...the whole thing.

You would think that I might like the whole lawn chair and the edge of the lake thing - but no.
Let's discuss.
First, I despise bait. Could be worms, could be that fake stuff - no matter. I don't like it.

Next, I have an irrational fear of fish hooks.
I do.
I am certain they will flail about and get hooked into me somehow - most likely in my eye.

Finally - I do not enjoy sitting in the woods. I do not like insects, dirt, animals, and the close proximity of untamed foliage.

Hold back the nature please.

I much prefer having a refreshing cocktail right here on my civilized patio ...which is technically outside... but with easy access to our modern indoor plumbing.

So no, I am not currently fishing.

I am a little distracted tho.
So posting will be sporadic at best.
Is anyone out there?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course we're here, just waiting for your words of wisdom.. or whatever you choose to share ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm not keen in fishing either, and I don't like to eat fish or seafood. I do however, have a salt water pool. :P

eb said...

Well, I know what you'll be doing when you get sent to homo hell.

Val said...

eb, you are SO bad! :)

Your priorities need to be adjusted, Weese. Your fans NEED more regular posting, please.

Unknown said...

we're still here, but where are you? i just arrived and now you're gone. hope you'll hurry back!

Anonymous said...

The only good thing about fishing is hangin' out with friends.

Yes, we're here, and we'll be here whenever you're able to post.

Anonymous said...

I'm here! I like to sit in a boat on a calm lake and pretend to fish (drink beer and eat sandwiches).

KMae said...

Doris loves to fish, so I have done that with her in the Poconos! It is peaceful.
However I usually prefer to sit there in nature (I LOVE NATURE!) & read while she messes with the ucky worms & throws the fishies back.

Anonymous said...

we're here... patiently waiting, like the good fishers we are. actually, i see fishing as a valid excuse for going outside and not doing other stuff.

Anonymous said...

i agree with otter...buzz fishing is the only way to go.

Jen said...

Fishing for what? Salmon? Ideas? Eager bloggers?