Tuesday, February 02, 2010

I don't get it.

Just today I found out there's more than one groundhog.
It's kinda like when I was small and saw Santa Claus twice at the mall. In different places. Within seconds.
Shattering really.

So how does this work? Is the forecast regional? Where are the boundaries?

The timing of it never really gelled for me anyway. I mean no matter how you look at it spring in New England is never going to come in the first two weeks of March. Hell - folks in Maine are still waiting in May sometimes.
So this whole concept of an early spring (i.e. less than 6 weeks away) really makes no sense.

I shouldn't think so much about these things. I get so disillusioned.
I am going to go write a letter to the Easter Bunny to make myself feel better.
Because giant rabbits delivering eggs to celebrate the resurrection of the son of G-d makes sense to me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess you haven't heard the story about when that bible dude looked in the cave for jesus and jesus wasn'nt there cause he saw his shadow...

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO!! Weese, I was totally with you... until you started talking about the giant rabbit...

eb said...

Oh yeah. Good thing you put the "-" in God because otherwise you are so going to hell. Oh wait! Yer a homo.

Val said...

yeah... those far-fetched stories are ridiculous, aren't they?

No sense.

Ever hear the story about a group of people who walked thru the parted sea to walk for 40 years thru the desert looking for the holy land while only eating matzo?!!! I live that one! :)

Val said...

meant to say i LOVE that one...

oy.

e said...

the giant rabbit? you mean Harvey?

Anonymous said...

What is a groundhog?