Monday, February 01, 2010

Round is a shape

Have you ever been to Italy and seen those tall, dark, thin women - o so impeccably dressed, and terribly attractive.

Must be a regional thing... my people are the short, round island people that live below the boot. We Sicilians are adorable - without all that annoying attractive Euro-ness to worry about.

Look at my family for goodness sakes.

This is my mother and father on their wedding day. My Italian paternal grandparents flank them. Mom is all of 5'2", clearly you can see we are not a tall people. See my cute, round grandma there. Yeah... I got those genes. Tho I have no white gloves for special occasions.

And so as is traditional for this time of year. Its time to reign in the maddness and drop a couple pounds. My svelt wife will join me in this quest, albiet on a smaller scale.

This morning she told me on her way out to work "I am not going to the grocery store until we both lose 5 pounds."

Uh o.

5 comments:

psu.acoustician said...

Sounds like you might have to rig the scales.....

Anonymous said...

My wife is of Sicilian descent as well, I tell her she is perfectly formed for high altitudes and hazelnut picking.

The Guy Who Writes This said...

I think you should get some white gloves.

e said...

Compared with the average American of today, your grandmother looks pretty darned good.

Five pounds, ok. Just don't go crazy and lose seven...

eb said...

Your 0 fat wife is not going to the grocery until you both lose 5 pounds? What's she gonna do, shave her head?