Monday, March 01, 2010

a final word on curling

Ferris came home from his big state university for the weekend.
When he wasn't out catching up with his buddies we enjoyed some quality family time watching curling.
Ferris has been studying the sport - from the sofa...and feels he could pretty much stand up, walk out onto the ice, and beat the US men's team.
His goal is to start a curling team for Italy. He has been perusing IOC websites to find out what he needs to do to qualify as an Italian.

So if you notice there is an Italian curling team in 2014 ... look for me and my proud wife in the stands yelling - Go Italia!
I hope I can help pick out the uniforms.

5 comments:

alter rigo said...

I can help with the uniforms. It's obvious that us Norwegians pick out the best curling outfits. My consulting fees will be reasonable.

placeholder said...

There's a curling club/ facility in Bridgeport (http://www.nutmegcurling.com/outside_home.asp).

Anonymous said...

A grandparent from Italy that didn't renounce their Italian citizenship would qualify him. I found out I could be an Italian citizen if I wanted to be.

Jen said...

We will have to plan what beer we will brew for viewing curling now. We don't just fly by the seat of our argyle pants on these things. Maybe a lemon lager made with limoncello? or a macchiato porter?

e said...

Go Ferris! We've got the makings of a fan club right here...