Friday, May 20, 2005

Priorities

In my never-ending battle with my middle-age spread I have incorporated a daily walk into my regular work day routine. I have heard, or maybe I read it online somewhere that diet and exercise are key to weight loss (huh).

This walk however, changes my routine. I am all about routine. Rainman had nothing on me. So now I am walking when I am normally blogging. This puts a wrinkle in my universe, but its the best I can come up with.

I considered a walk before work, but this would change my morning routine. Not good. Mornings must remain as morning are. A change in my morning routine could throw off evolution as we know it. If you believe in the premise of Its a Wonderful Life; how the course of one life affects so many others - then really you don't want to go messing with my morning routine.

After work is fine - and actually my fit wife and I do walk 3 to 4 times a week together with the Free Dog. This is a whole diffent kind of walk and really that is a whole 'nother entry....more on this later.

My daily work-walks are really just so I get up out of my chair each day and let the blood actually get from one spot up through the heart and out to another. Remember, if you don't have your health....

So, in order to blog I will have to displace some other part of my day.
What is the obvious answer...yup. Work.
Gonna have to sacrifice some actual work.
I imagine this will take some time to adjust to - so if my blogging is sparce for a week or two, this is why. I am simply adjusting.

Will I be getting any thinner while I adjust - this remains to be seen.

No comments: