Wednesday, May 25, 2005

W

Wednesday. 'W' day.
Remember on Sesame Street they always had a letter to sponsor each day.

Today, kids is 'W' day.
W is for Weigh-In day. Can you say 'Unsightly bulge', kids.

So I am in two... well, I guess you would call them competitions. Two weightloss competitions. One here at the office, and one at home with the family.

Our family competition is fun. It started with the daughter and me. We both wanted to take off the 'last few' pounds. So we decided to do it together. Ferris wanted to get involved as he is trying to bulk up this summer in anticipation of the next wrestling season. With his numbers consistently rising we figured it would just make us look better on the chart. We later added my svelte wife as our 'constant'.
The competition is going well - the daughter has been steadily losing, Ferris gaining nicely, my wife remains steady.

At work a small group of us got together for a Weight-Off. No one in the group is particularly heavy. We all just want to drop a couple extra pounds. The goal of this competition was to loose 7% of your body weight. Today, two people in the competition will reach their goal weights. They must remain at this goal for 2 more weigh ins after today.

As for me... well, lets just say I am exploring new methods. Today's weigh-in will put me at my starting weight on both charts. But I am resilient. I am not giving in.
I have a new plan.

The really good news is that 'W' is also for Wednesday Wings Night!
Hot wings and a pitcher of beer makes everything right in the world.

No comments: