Thursday, February 15, 2007

In a moment of passion

My valentine and I went out to dinner last night. We had a wonderful meal, and a couple of cocktails.
Before we left for dinner we had decided to wait until later to clear the driveway, since the storm was still going on.
I think it was sometime after my second cocktail that I suggested we wait until morning to clear the snow. My reasoning was that we have this behemoth snow-thrower, and really what was the difference whether we cleared it now or later. My romantic wife, also on her second cocktail, readily agreed.
Our plan was simple. I would get up and go right out side…firing up the behemoth and getting the driveway cleared in record time. My caring wife would fix up a big pot of coffee and we could have a cup together and admire my work.

So this morning, I got right up and started to put the plan into action. i did have a little nagging worry... because I had been a bit of a slacker this year and didn’t pre-test the snow-thrower.
I was so pleased when she fired right up.
Pulled out of the garage… only to skim across the top of the ice pack that had formed overnight.
Oops.
2 inches of solid snow. Could not for anything get the lip of that snow-thrower under it. It would not budge.
Oops.
Crap.

Ah, but for the sparkling wine, the red roses, the crackling fire it was a luscious evening– my sore back and arms will heal.

Oh …and regarding our paintball playing rodents… I was not able to set the trap up last night because my coddling wife was worried about me releasing the little guys in the middle of a storm. We will revisit the catch and release plan early next week.

No comments: