Wednesday, February 07, 2007

You make the diagnosis

Have you seen these new shows on TV? They give you a bunch of medical facts about someone and then a list of possible ailments.
I am really good at these, because not only do I watch DiscoveryHealth, but I have been watching TV medical shows my whole life.
I could intubate someone if I had to.

Today, you can play along in my psychosis by analyzing my dream from last night.

It goes something like this: (cue eerie music and fog...)

I get onto an escalator, which seems to be in a mall type setting. The escalator is unusual in that it's covered – picture a tube... with moving stairs. I suppose it was somewhat like those kiddie slides you see at playgrounds.
I crouched down to get on and then sit once inside, because it was pretty small. I think about how difficult it would be for someone larger than me, and how silly to have such a thing at the mall.
As I descend I that creepy feeling that I have done this before, and on that previous occasion I just barely fit through the opening at the bottom. I feel my anxiety rise as I approach the bottom. I see the opening, size it up. Just as my feet pass through I realize it's too small.

I hear a squelch sort of sound as my legs are stopped by the small opening.
I am stuck.
I tap on the tube, and call for help. I remember to panic. Claustrophobia washes over me. I look down at my feet poking through the small hole. I notice I am wearing cream colored pumps. I may also be wearing a matching cream skirt and jacket.


Then... I woke up.

well??

Luckily for me we are having dinner with The Daughter The Therapist tonight.
Hopefully she will read today's entry before we go and possibly jot down some notes and come up with some theories.

No comments: