Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday

tip-o-day

Safety first. Even before blogging.

Ok... so I just ran out of available outlets in my new 'home office'. It seems I have way too much equipment stuffed into this little space - and all of it requiring power.
So I am going to spend some time rewiring things before I burn the house down.

But while you are plugging stuff in... remember to plug sensitive equipment into surge protected power strips. I recently picked up one of those power squids.



What I like about the squid is they don't expose open outlets to dust accumulation or other items falling into them -- which can be the case when you have a flat power strip tucked behind a desk.





In cases where I do use the flat power strips I try to mount them vertically on a wall or side of a desk.
or even...

5 comments:

Me. Here. Right now. said...

That power squid is brilliant. I have this ginormous power strip behind my desk and it's dusty all the time. Headed to Fry's right now.

Deb Heller said...

Now, that's one thing I never ever would have thought of... mounting a power strip on the side of a 5 gallon bucket. Sweet Lordy!

Did you really do/use that? Boggles my headachy brain. I can imagine uses for that...
:-)

clammy said...

You are my hero, weese. Power on a 5 gal bucket o' junk. It would look lovely in a new home office.

LostInColor said...

Why do you need a power strip on a bucket???

Anonymous said...

finally, someone as freakin nuts as me (and Syd of course)