Friday, December 18, 2009

We've had a decoration malfunction

Or more accuratly we have had a complete and utter Christmas tree failure.

I have never seen anything quite like this. But every single needle...every one... fell off this tree.

When we first discoved the problem, we started to take the lights off.


Before we even got them all off - there were no needles left.


We literally had to shovel out bags full of needles.



____
I suppose I should add. I went back to the Christmas tree place yesterday. It's a local farm where you can cut your own or they have some pre-cuts. We have been going there for years. The fated tree was a cut your own. Ferris cut it down for us, and when we got it home it seemed perfectly fine.
Guess it wanted to stay in the forest. Who knew.
The guy there said he never heard of such a thing, where every needle came off- but quickly helped me pick out a new tree and got it into my trunk.
All is well and Christmas is saved.

16 comments:

Jen said...

I hope you returned it...

Syd said...

Yikes! Talk about a fire hazard. Glad you got it out of there.

sageweb said...

Tip of the day:
Water your Xmas trees...

just kidding

CJ said...

What the??? How did that happen?? And why??? That's not very Christmasy!

e said...

Wow! Skeleton tree! I'd take it and the bags of needles back to the tree lot for a replacement...

Jesse said...

Wow! Where did you get that tree so I can avoid that place?

Gonna get a new one?

Val said...

see? that's just a sign that you should NOT be having a live tree indoors!!!! ;)

enjoy the new tree! :)

maxine said...

I saw the old tree. It was loverly. And now there is a new tree. I want a redo on our visit.

eb said...

And... you didn't find the truth there, did you?

maxine said...

That's like, reverse Charlie Brown tree Syndrome or something.

KraftyKay said...

Wow, very impressive indeed. Unless that was last year's tree. Then I'm just impressed by your frugality.

Anonymous said...

That's just so crazy. But really, it's also kind of funny that it would happen to your meticulous self.

How's the new tree holding up?

KMae said...

Well what a pain in the ass. Xmas trees are a pain enough to put up in the first place. What the heck???

Anonymous said...

I sort of liked the bald one, I'd have kept it.
Perhaps one needle jumped and the rest followed?

otter said...

it was clearly a suicide

Trish said...

am assuming it was a curse from the rabbi! ;-)

sounds like it had a disease before it was cut.

next time, get the warranty in writing!

and---the last photo, in the small version of the pic, looked like a chalk outline of the dead tree on the floor...until I biggified the pic...lol!