Monday, June 06, 2005

My stunning wife and I got to be gay this weekend.
As you must know, June is Pride month, with Boston and New York hosting the majority of events. Saturday we went to a local Pride block party. For anyone who is not gay – you have no idea of how liberating it feels to just ‘be’.
I realize times are changing, and people are more ‘out’ than they have ever been.
But still – it’s not the same, ‘just being’ feels really good. And while it may be perfectly ok for two very attractive, middle aged lesbians such as ourselves to walk down the street arm in arm – it’s still a spectacle, it’s still a novelty. I don’t want to be a novelty; I don’t want to be noticed for just being with my wife.
It’s one of the biggest reasons why we get soo excited about our yearly trip to PTown – it’s why we choose to go there year after year. We are just faces in a crowd there; no one gives us a second look (well… we may turn some heads ;o).

So ..cheers to Pride month – cheers to 55 more days ‘till PTown!

No comments: