Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Bright Light Bright Light

Remember that quote from Spielbergs Gremlins movie. Bright lights melted them or some such thing, I can't quite remember.
I am reminded of this today because, here at the office we have many of our overhead, brain rotting fluorescent lights turned off. Really those lights are destructive.... I have desk lamps instead.
Recently some people were moved around…and into our area. Apparently these new folks like to SEE what they are working on.
There is a man on a ladder here right now turning lights on. Egad.
I already use an umbrella over my cube to block some of this flesh eating light… I may need to invest in a beach umbrella.
I can't leave my cube right now or he will turn on the light directly over my head. This would most likely kill me. So I will wait here until he is done and has put his ladder away - my bladder may burst, but I am not leaving.


While I am on the ‘cube’ subject…. Did you ever see this pic circulating the internet?

I did this. Well… me and a couple friends. On the right side of the pic – that’s a plant in my cube and behind it is the edge of my umbrella… which I have to block the relentless, mind melting, carnivorous fluorescents.

No comments: