Friday, July 08, 2005

Friday

From the comments I received about our new Storm Trooper – its clear we need to review the tools of the trade.
Yes, I use a canister. If you have predominantly wood (or tile) floors as I do – then a canister is a must. Uprights do their best work on carpets. Granted each type will do the job of the other – but please, do we use a reciprocating saw to rip plywood…no of course not.
Canister vacuums have no belts. I looked. The only belts would be in the rotating brush floor attachments. In our case – the motor simply burned itself out. I am debating whether to add the new vacuum to the FREE dog expense spreadsheet.
I learned from my vacuum salesman (I do so love vacuum salesmen – no I am serious, I love to be sold a product by someone who really knows their products) not to use the really expensive hepa filter bags. They cut the airflow and he said can actually burn out the motor. Hmm.

Ok. So here is your vacuum tip for the day.
When you are doing your big clean for the week (as apposed to your small daily or every other day cleanings) don a tool belt and pop your vacuum attachments in there. Makes for quick and easy access. In a flash I can be vacuuming the tops of the window moldings, then with the flick of a wrist I holster one attachment

and switch to another

to clean out those baseboards.



Hmm, now I am thinking -- I could use some of those fringed chaps for this outfit.
Draw.

No comments: