Thursday, September 15, 2005

3rd day of the Confirmation Hearings

It seems Roberts will spend a 3rd day sidestepping any real answers to the ‘hard’ questions posed to him regarding some of the most important if not controversial issues of the day. Democrats trying desperately to get a feel for his position on these key issues while Roberts nimbly deflects… In my opinion… ok ok – just kidding, relax, start giggling – there is no way in hell I am going to give a political commentary here. You know me better than that. Oh sure, I should care cuz I am a [shhh] homosexual... and we [shhh] homosexuals are lacking in certain basic rights… and we need to be advocates for change and blah de blah de blah… the real news of the day is moisture. We had RAIN last night. Real rain – things got wet. We are very excited.
This is particularly timely as my clever wife is making some big gardening changes this week.
We have been in our house for about 18 years now. When we first moved in, the yard was a blank canvass for my wife who loved to garden. And garden she did. Creating colorful vistas from every vantage point – our yard blossoms all season. Ah..but with this beauty comes responsibility. And this responsibility has become daunting. So we are downsizing. Moving to a house with a smaller yard was under consideration – and still may happen. But this year – it’s the gardens that are being scaled back. To be replaced by mostly grass. This moves large parts of the yard from her area of responsibility (beautification) to mine (maintenance). Creating more grass simply means for me that I sit on my big orange tractor for a little longer – no biggie. Plus she caringly creates gentle curves and easy to maintain borders and edges that make trimming almost non existent.
It’s probably a 3 weekend (plus a bunch of weeknights) project.

Here is the garden this spring…after my exhausted wife spent quite a few days cleaning it up for the season.

Here is an in progress pic – the large dirt areas will soon be lawn. And there is much perennial transplanting going on…thus the timeliness of the rain

No comments: