Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Blinded by the light

On my way into work this morning, at 7:05 to be precise, I was driving up a hill, following, but not to closely, a short line of cars and suddenly we found ourselves pointing in just he right direction, at just the right angle and pitch so as to completely and utterly BLIND us by the sun as we were nearing the crest.

So what does the person in front do... stop. Just stop.
Which is fine, its probably smart to stop when you can't see ...except for the fact that the cars behind the stopped car are also blinded, and therefore cannot see the stopped car.

It is a miracle no one got rear ended.

I wonder if I were to write to the public works department about this situation if they could come up with a creative solution.

Until then.. I think I need to adjust my travel time accordingly.
I will of course need to take into account the everchanging orbit of the earth and its axis tilt so that I can stay ahead of or behind its continual season adjustments.
hmm - this will require some internet research, I will need to synch up with the atomic clock, I may need a spreadsheet and a quadrant, a compass....

No comments: