Wednesday, July 12, 2006

CRP Retrieval Day One

We set the trap in its first location.

It's very discreet, and filled with yummy Jif.
The placement is so clever, you can barely see it... so I circled it for you.


I checked it a little later...

Notice the door is still in the open position. You see - when the chipmunk enters the RTD (Retrieval Transport Device) they quickly move to the back to acquire their Retrieval Incentive (Jif), and thereby tripping the lever which closes the door. This assures their safety during transport to their new location.

I will come back and check again later.


Later that evening, I check again.
The door is still open. I check the Jif - seems fine, still looks tasty.

I begin to wonder if chipmunks are nocturnal, and plan to bring it up at our next CRP status meeting. Perhaps we will form a committee to do some independent testing and research on the chipmunk habits. This research could certainly speed the Retrieval process, and becoming more familiar with our client will surely increase participation.


I check the RTD this morning.

Hmm, still no chipmunks...

No comments: