Friday, July 14, 2006

Friday

tip-o-day

Time to let the grass grow long.
When the summer heat starts to rise -- raise your mower deck a couple of notches. The longer grass will shade the roots, and also cause the grass to developer stronger, deeper roots.
For me this is a particularly tough stage, as I like my grass crew cut short for tidyness. But leaving it tall will pay off in the long run.

Also, it's a myth that clippings on the lawn cause thatch. However I generally remove them so that they are not tracked into the house. But at this time of year leave your clippings if you can as they contain alot of moisture. Mulching mowers are ideal.


note: my boss is away until the end of next week - and while one might think this should make blogging particularly easy, I am the pinch hitter.
I do have a CRP update and hope to get it posted tonight or sometime this weekend.

No comments: