Friday, March 09, 2007

Friday

tip-o-day

I am continually trying to reduce my ecological footprint but there are some areas where I fall short.
One area is washing clothes. I tend to wash things each time I wear them.
I know this is not good ... all that water and electricity and even wear on the clothes themselves - but I just love clean, crisply folded clothes.

For items that I do re-wear, such as my many cardigan sweaters, it's important to let them air before putting them back in the closet. Did you know that one of the things that draws moths to your closet and drawers is putting away clothes that have been worn?

You can use a clothes valet or I just use a hook outside of my closet.
Just toss it on a hanger as you undress for the evening, then the next morning while you're dressing, pop it back into your closet.
.
.

No comments: