Thursday, April 26, 2007

Power tools

She's done it again.

This past weekend...
It was Sunday afternoon and we were finishing up two full days doing spring clean up.
The work had been heavy and I was pretty tired and a little sore. I had left the tractor work till the end, figuring I could still manage to steer.

I drove my big orange Husqvarna with cup holder around to the side of the house... to find my frugal wife and our 82 year old neighbor cutting down a tree.

See, I had a tree guy come and give us an estimate on taking down these three hemlock trees and trimming up a large northern pine in the side yard. The estimate seemed high, so I planned on calling around for others.
Evidently that's unnecessary.

Again, my burly wife used her tool of choice for this 19 foot sapling with an 8 inch trunk- her HAND saw.

She did mention that she could use a new blade this year.

There are two more trees to take down... larger than the first.
Time to buy some power tools.

5 comments:

Val said...

I've agreed with most of the adjectives you've used for your wife, but BURLY??????!! mmmm... i don't think so. Not even close to burly!!
She's one I wouldn't pick on, though! THAT I am sure of! Paulette Bunyan, she is! :)

SassyFemme said...

I've got to agree with Val, burly and your wife just don't go together.

Did you ever chat with Fran about our chainsaw? If not, drop her a note, she's used it a few times now, with good results!

Deb Heller said...

Wow, I am very impressed. What a Woman.

You better hike it over to the toolyard and get that woman a gleaming new, sharp assortment of blades!

deb

PS: Thanx for hiking it over to my blog - it's been a while!
:-)

Suzanne said...

Oh yeah, she's so burly.

I'm all about the chain saw, baby. You could have taken down all three of those trees in the time it took to do one by hand! :)

Geeky Dragon Girl said...

I use hand saws to trim branches off trees, but to cut down an entire tree? Wow. How about an axe? Is that too serial killer-ish?