Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday

tip-o-day

Today in New England we are having a mini January thaw. It's just the one day, so we'll have to make time to take advantage of it.

Try not to miss these little gifts. Be sure and get outside on days like this to soak up your fair share of vitamin D. Even if you happen to have a job... where you might have a busy work day, take a walk to get your lunch - or if you have a luncheon meeting - steal 5 minutes from your afternoon to step outside the office and walk around the parking lot.
You will be pleasantly surprised at how much better you feel after just a short time in the sunshine.

6 comments:

DawgDyke said...

I started-up my motorcycle yesterday .. she was happy.
Oh spring where are you?!?

Anonymous said...

both the dogs got longer walks today....twice around the office perimeter each instead of just once!

SassyFemme said...

I didn't get to walk outside, but I did get to drive between schools today; I opened the windows and loved the fresh air.

Meaner Dog said...

I walked out, turned my face to the sky, closed my eyes and soaked it in. Oh, how I love springtime. Unfortunately, we're gonna get another cold blast over the weekend. In know....it's Texas, so it's not anything in comparison to what you get. But....for those of us accustomed to 100 degree weather, windy at 35 degrees is miserable. Thanks for the tip. Now go have a good weekend.

clammy said...

oops, missed the outside today as work had an outbreak of a mean virus that needed cleaning. It's supposed to go into the deep freeze this weekend. Who knows when the 30's will be back.

Anonymous said...

Come to my house, it is 35c today, all the sunshine and vitamin D you could wish for. :)