Thursday, September 17, 2009

Every once in a while

I take every last item out of my closet.
I toss them in a heap,
(a somewhat tidy heap)



shoes too.


Then I give it a good vacuum and wipe down all the surfaces - I like to use a diluted simple green solution, because I think it smells fresh.

Then I decide what gets to go back in.
That's where I am now... in the middle of that heap of clothes figuring out what gets to stay.
I am going to be tough this time. If I am not wearing it...it goes.


I may end up with one pair of pants, two shirts
...and 20 pairs of shoes.

7 comments:

alter rigo said...

At least ur feet will be warm while u do ur laundry.

Anonymous said...

I do that too, and usually end up with a nice bag to take to the nearest charity shop.

e said...

I need to do that too. The bottom layer in my dresser is... a mystery.

I do like to keep two "sets" of clothes. One for when I am in good shape and working out and one for when I'm at the top end of my range.

A true pleasure for me is emptying and reorganizing the linen closet. Now, that's fun!

Taradharma said...

i'm considering selling these kinds of things on e-bay....

i love projects like cleaning - really cleaning - closets and drawers. I've been know to go back and gaze and the newly organized and sanitized spaces.

CJ said...

My wardrobe would be diminished to virtually nothing...as if I will ever wear half that stuff ever again!! Unfortunately, until I get some new duds...I can't force myself to toss them out. You know, I'm just going to magically wake up with a flat tummy and reduced thighs!!

Anonymous said...

You keep Home Repair magazine in your bedroom? Is that your version of a bedtime story?

Teresa said...

I did a closet clean-out a couple of months ago and got rid of a world of shirts and pants, but when I tried to get tough about my shoe population—nope, parted with a total of two pair (out of 25). What is it with shoes?

(Hey, my word verification is "neakers"!)