Friday, December 10, 2004

Just pay for the manicure

My lovely wife and I attended my company’s Holiday party last night.
She was a vision of beauty of course. And I painted my nails red for the occasion. I may have mentioned before – this is not something I do on a regular basis. Actually, I have only done it perhaps three or four times …ever.
I have a new found respect for the Nail Technician. This is not a DIY job to be taken lightly. Some things are better left up to the professionals.
But after 3 or 4 coats and some clean up (this was my own desperate idea…it involved tissues, polish remover and one of those cuticle stick things – it was effective although not efficient) and the mood-setting low-lighting I think it was passable.
Also, red nail polish is rather stubborn to remove. But it’s gone now and the nails have been trimmed back to their normal active length.
It was a lovely party. And better yet we were home and tucked in by 11:00.

No comments: