Wednesday, February 16, 2005

On The Wagon

Did I fall off the wagon? Well since I never officially got on the wagon I suppose not.

As I mentioned recently, exercise is imminent. These 7 pounds cannot be lost without some sort of motion. Since I am always in motion..it’s gonna have to be something a tad strenuous. Like actual exercise.
I have spent the last week contemplating exercise. I don’t want to rush into anything and my choices are many. This of course, has me paralyzed… which burns no calories whatsoever.

The easiest option is to simply walk. Like right now for example. It's lunch time here at work, and instead of walking – I am blogging… again, very low on the calorie burning scale even tho I am typing really, really fast.
Lots of people walk at lunch, my svelt wife is probably out walking as I type. But I am here in my dark cozy cubicle, with my little heater on, listening to my new Pink Floyd cd (thanks love).

Ok, my next choice is to join the FREE gym here at my office complex. They have all sorts of snazzy machines and weights and TV’s and marble bathrooms … so posh.
Of course in order to join the FREE gym I will need new sneakers, some sort of outfit (or two) to work out in, a new gym bag perhaps, and an mp3 player (ok, I can probably do without the mp3 player).
This will require shopping, which I could do on my lunch break…but I am here in my dark cozy cubicle… well… you know what I mean.

Other choices include but are not limited to; selecting from a wide variety of the daughter’s work out tapes at home, joining the Y down the street from our house, or even just doing some exercises when I am getting up and ready in the morning.

Clearly I need to take my time to make a wise decision.

Will I exercise today?
I just went to the online Magic 8 Ball site. I asked twice, just to be sure.
My answers were:
"All signs point to yes."
"Without a doubt."


So there you have it folks. I will keep you posted.

No comments: