Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I am going to add this to my living will:
If I am ever on life support I want to be unplugged, but not until I get down to a size 8.

(from a birthday card sent to my older, yet better wife)

A couple of years ago we spent half a grand on a lawyer to get all those medical, financial, and familial docs that gays need to have to protect their families and assets, and of course a firebox to put them all in (because we lesbians are nothing if not careful). In that myriad of paper work we also have living wills and estate wills. Our lawyer suggested we each have a section with specific designations that we can maintain our selves and change as need be.
I suppose some might think of this sort of planning as morbid – but we had some fun with it.
I opted for cremation. But I don’t want my ashes dumped out somewhere. That's so …cliché.
Rather – I want to have small pendant sized urns – each filled with a little bit of me. We can give them away as parting gifts at my funeral. How fun is that? You could hang it from the rear view mirror, use it as a key chain, perhaps a pull for a hanging lamp…

The other fun part to my funeral will be a little twist I came up with for the procession.
Funeral directors will ask folks to turn their lights on as a sign of respect and also to designate that your vehicle is in the procession.
My funeral will be at night, and my train of cars will drive with their lights out.
Puts some adventure into in, doncha think?

No comments: