Wednesday, March 29, 2006

writingwomyn march collaboration

my march 2006 assignment
what are your feelings on luck? do you believe some people just "fall into" good things or do you believe something else (like fate or destiny) is at work? How have you seen luck (or fate) at work in your own life?

Lucky, luck of the Irish, as luck would have it, lucky in love, good luck, dumb luck, tough luck, getting lucky, lucky me, lucky fellow, down on your luck…

Am I lucky?

I used to think things just happened. Good or bad – just go with the flow.
Over the years my spiritual wife has taught me to be aware of energy. Energy can be given or received and is constantly flowing around us. Even the most oblivious can feel uncomfortable walking into a room where people have been arguing.. this is ‘bad’ energy.
Have you ever walked into someone’s home and immediately felt at ease... like you want to sit and have a drink, perhaps a small snack and stay for awhile. That is good energy (of course aesthetics and order also play a part in that… which is also energy … feng shui).

Since I like to think of everything in scientific terms, I can refer to Newton’s third law… ‘For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction’ (perhaps we will look at laws’ one and two some other time). This law works even terms of spiritual energy - don’t connote opposite to mean negative…its simply energy in the other direction. Such as do good, good comes back. Its kinda like a boomerang, altho less dangerous (well… a boomerang would be dangerous for me, luck not withstanding – my eye-hand coordination would be my demise – unless of course I got hit with a boomerang that I did not throw which would mean I didn’t know it was coming, and so I may not see it coming, and since boomerangs are supposed to simply return to their point of origin if I were to get hit with a stray boomerang I suppose that could be construed as luck – bad luck as it were).

So are you lucky? Is there luck, or is energy the force that determines the course of your day.

If you think of it this way… sharing energy back and forth can be attributed to attitude and vice versa. If you are happy and contented in your life you will perceive things as positive and possibly think of yourself as ‘lucky’ or blessed, this will make you happy.
If you identify as unlucky then you will have a bad attitude and will emanate bad energy which will make people uncomfortable around you and therefore you will be lonely and think of yourself as unlucky. It’s the circle of life.
So then, we can surmise that, your luck is in your head. And your head sets the pace for the direction of your life.
Be happy. Be lucky.

No comments: