Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday

tip-o-day

It surprises me when I hear people saying they 'hate' to do laundry.
Then I realize that if I spent and entire day doing laundry I might feel the same way.

Instead of spending all day Saturday running loads of laundry and folding and stacking and storing, try this --do one load each evening or every other evening during the week.

To do one load of laundry takes only several minutes over the course of your regular evening. Here are some tips to make the whole process seamless.

- Gather your load in the morning and toss it in the machine in your way out to work.

- When you get home - flip on the washer and go make dinner.

- After dinner - toss the clothes in the dryer and go tidy the kitchen.

- When you get ready to sit down for the evening, grab the load from the dryer and fold while you watch a show, help with homework or listen to music.

- Just stack the folded clothes in the basket and set them near the stairs or hallway to your room.

- When you head to bed, take the basket and stick those couple items away in drawers and closets.

Without really doing much extra - you're done. By the time the weekend comes, the laundry is under control leaving you time to go do something fun.

5 comments:

Trop said...

Laundry is my favorite chore.

KMae said...

Doris won't let me do the laundry, she is so much better at it.
My GOD I am so lucky!!

* said...

I don't mind laundry.
I mean, I like to have clean clothes, so it must be done.

right?

Anonymous said...

Can't say that I am that keen on washing, but it beats ironing hands down.

e said...

I'm with Trop ~ laundry is my favorite chore, too.

I make it just a little harder by hanging some things up. I have a folding laundry rack that goes outside in the summer and lives in the sunroom the rest of the year. I hang stuff on it that doesn't go in the dryer for various reasons, and also stuff that is heavy and takes a long time to dry, like jeans and sweats. This reduces the amount of time those articles spend in the dryer, saving money on dryer time and the clothes last longer.

Most people think I am insane.