Monday, October 05, 2009

I was a little tipsy

We went to a small soiree last night at a friends home.
The evening was lovely - and there was MUCH wine.

We got home on the early side, it being a school nite and all, so I flipped on the football game while we were getting ready for bed.
Just background noise while I got out my PJ's, turned down the bed, removed jewelry...ya know - routine stuff.

I slowly began to realize that I don't really understand the game commentary.
I am a little tipsy.

I focus a little more on the sounds coming from the TV.

Hmm, am I more tipsy than I thought?

I look up at the game, as if adding the visual will offer some clarity.
Nope - still don't get it.

Why does it all sound so foreign to me...
I turn up the volume.
Surely louder will make it clearer. Yeah.

Wait!
I finally realize why it sounds foreign.
It is!

The game commentary was in Spanish.

I checked the station ...twice. It was the major network NBC station.
Am I missing something? Are you all watching football in Spanish?
No entiendo.

8 comments:

e said...

That is hiLARious! No, we didn't get any commentary in Spanish... no hablas espanol, weese?

Val said...

perhaps your brain was actually translating the english to spanish from the wine, just to mess with ya!! :)

Syd said...

HAHAHA!!!! That is FUNNY!

alter rigo said...

Vi får alle programmene våre på spansk med norsk tekst. Heia Norge!

CJ said...

Last time this happened in my house, some little fingers accidentally changed the language to Spanish from English....with sub-titles and all!

teeveezed said...

Your 'football' is hard enough to understand, let alone in Spanish!

Jen said...

Let that be a lesson to you...no, I don't know what lesson, but there should be one in there somewhere.

Trish said...

had a client once with a TV that ONLY the local NBC channel would do that for certain programs...never did figure out why----or I would post the secret fix here.

tho, it does remind me once in high school where I was rather drunk on Jack & Coke and ahem, someone had brought something green to toke...I was listening to a movie in Spanish and laughing in ALL THE RIGHT PLACES!