Monday, October 19, 2009

a chipmunk encounter

I am getting really tired of rodents around here.

This morning I went out to the wood pile... ya know, to gather wood.
We have a rather large wood pile left over from last seasons stocking up extravaganza.
So, granted the wood has been there for awhile.

There was a chipmunk under the last log I grabbed to fill my cart. I screamed - he ran.
We both moved on with our day.

A few minutes later, safely back in the house I realize I had forgotten the ash drawer down by the wood pile. As I rounded the corner of the garage to approach the wood storage area - a chipmunk screamed at me. Have you ever heard one? They sort of chirp. This chirping rodent was clearly not happy.

As you may know we have already spent some time attempting to decrease the chipmunk population around here.
There is really only one thing left to do.

Yes... I spent the afternoon surfing realtor dot com.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

tee hee... screamed like a little girl!! So..when searching on realtor.com, what category has the "rodent-free" option??

Beth said...

What is this "ash drawer" you speak of?

Squirrels are also rather loud and mouthy!

CJ said...

Ha ha, as I read the first part of that, I thought "at least the chipmunk didn't scream and SHE ran". Little did I know! Ha ha! Hopefully they head for hibernation soon!

maxine said...

No chipmunks in Houston and a lot of bang for your real estate buck, comparatively...