Monday, September 20, 2004

Fall is Football

How 'bout them Saints. 30-27 over the '9ers.
(yeah yeah...possibly over a bad call - I'll take what I can get)

Yup. Here I sit in my CT suburbia, a Saints fan. I've never even been to New Orleans (which is remarkable because I logged over 80,000 miles a year while traveling with work... this was back in the late 80's, when I truly honed my fear of flying, and had a closet full of expensive designer name suits -- BUT this is a whole 'nother story... as usual).

So why the Saints you ask?
My theory on sports is (me ...the consummate athlete, who at 42 is being taught how to stop 'throwing like a girl' by my son... oops digressing again) aaaanyway - my theory is: you look good, you play good. Sports is so about confidence. If you feel good about how you look its a huge confidence boost. I have to wonder how can you feel confident wearing skin tight teal pants.
Now the Saints...now there's a good looking team.

And yes, I do know their record. But for sure this is the year things will turn around. And even if it doesn't I will continue to don my "Weese 20" official customized NFL jersey every Sunday with my matching socks with their fleur-de-lis insignia. Because I am a loyal fan. Win or lose, I am right there with ya... 'scuze me while I grab another cold one outta the fridge.

No comments: