Friday, January 28, 2005

Stepford-ized

Today (hopefully today) I am getting a sparky new machine here at work.
Our company was acquired recently and the new parent company is upgrading all of our machines, and standardizing them in the process.
I hear from others who have already been converted that the process is not necessarily painful, but there is an adjustment period.
There will be conformity, from the OS to the applications that we can install. There will be new limits imposed and certain software that we will no longer be able to use. Sounds a little restrictive, but those who are finished with their conversions seem to be ... well happier, more productive, even their cubicles are more tidy and efficient.
If I blog next week about how much I love my job and seem to be spending time trying to improve my corporate persona... please send help.

No comments: