Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Yet another reason for Paxil

This should be a series of posts for me… “Reasons Weese needs Paxil”
Lets just say I have …issues.
Today’s anxiety brought to you by… snow.
Wait – let me explain.
I like snow. I find it pleasing to look at. I enjoy using my snow thrower - quite a bit actually. I like shoveling (well to an extent…which is why I have the snow thrower). I have no problems driving in snow. It's fun to play in and to walk in. I do love a good blizzard… getting snowed in at my favorite place, with my favorite people.
All that said, here is where it all falls apart.
Dirty snow.
Sheer torture for Weese.

The roads are completely covered in brown slush right now. There is literally 6 inches of evenly browned snow on the streets.
That brown slush gets into the driveway on our car tires and from the town plows.
It then drops in great smooshy, clumpy piles into the garage. These piles get stepped in…and you know what happens next. Yup. It gets tracked up my nice neatly shoveled and swept walk…onto our lovely tongue and groove fir porch floor... and then, THEN, it gets into the house! (wfhuu fhuuu… I am breathing into a small paper bag right now, whuuu fhuuu). Of course-- I require that shoes be removed, and I have a fleet of little rugs to catch what they can. But some gets through, you can’t be everywhere at every moment. Things happen…it does get in.
Then it leaves those filthy dried puddles of what was dirty snow, caked and gritty on the floor. And do you know what happens when you then step in that …oooooh yes,…it can get carried to other rooms. And the floors in those other rooms will then get gritty. You know this ruins the finish on the wood floors (which is a fantastically ridiculous thing to say…in light of living with the Free Dog – who by the way, gets her paws wiped every time she comes in when its raining or snowing or muddy, and is remarkably patient about it) not to mention that I can feel it underfoot. Grating. Gritty. Dirty.
Guess what I am doing tonight.
Vacuuming, mopping, shaking rugs… with my ever so patient wife wishing for Paxil.

No comments: