Thursday, January 19, 2006

It’s a lovely place…

We have been playing round robin with our cars for the last couple days. I have been driving Ferris’ car so that I can get a better understanding of an intermittent problem we keep having with it. Other than to diagnose the problem, I have no real desire to drive this car. The seat sits to low for me, and I don’t have a clear view of the front end as I do in my own car. This car also has its share of strange noises, rattles and shakes. It’s a typical ‘high school’ car, and really only needs to last us a few more months. So I am trying to determine the extent of repairs we will take on. And so for the past two mornings I drive in to work and listen to all the different noises, stopping and starting and driving slow then quicker to get a good feel for it – generally test driving.
I rarely listen to the radio in my own car… but for some reason I switched it on this morning.
Hotel California came on.
Well hell, I may as well been on my way over to the high school. I cranked that puppy up, completely blocking out the noises, creaks and squeals and started cruising around the windy back roads to my office. The car seemingly responded suddenly feeling like it was handling tightly and riding smoothly, and certainly going faster. I started to sing along. Loudly. I got to work in record time and I noticed as I pulled into the parking garage that I was sittin’ pretty low.
Yeah. I rock.

No comments: