Tuesday, June 20, 2006

12:00 Dr. appointment...

No time for posting today...I have to go to the doctor.
I have …what I think is... the strangest case of poison ivy.
The weirdest part of it is that it doesn’t itch.
Not that I am complaining about that.

Last night I said to my patient wife
“Look, I think this thing on my leg is getting better.”
Without missing a beat,
“You’re going.”



Later... that same day

welp. My Dr. is somewhat stumped - the best guess is that I have multiple things going on.
Therefore - we treat with:
prednisone
keflex
and a tetanus shot to boot.

(My adorable wife is nodding knowingly right now)

I love my doctor. She can give a shot or take blood and you would never know it. I didn't even feel my tetanus shot.
She chuckled when I said,
weese: "You're good! I didn't even feel that."
doc: "You will later."

On the way out she told me not to drink while on the Prednisone. So I told her she needed to get me off of it by Sunday - cuz we're going to Pride and startin' the day out with mimosas.
I love to make her laugh.
The doctor - patient relationship is one of give and take.

No comments: