Friday, June 30, 2006

Friday

tip-o-day

Bleach.
I love bleach.
Are you surprised?

I actually use very little of it in the laundry. But oh my ...so many other uses.

Today's bleachy goodness is one of the many outdoor uses for bleach.
Do you have cement steps? We do… off the mudroom door. These are the steps used by muddy garden feet, muddy dog feet, and other generally filthy types of feet.
Cement steps such as these can begin to look stained and dingy.
There is no worry that these stains will be tracked into the house - as they are engrained in the porousness of the cement. Of course that logic never stopped me from cleaning something.
To brighten them up, mix the standard 1 to 3 ratio of bleach to water in a bucket. Using a scrub brush (I have one on a long handle so there is no bending) just scrub the solution lightly onto the surface and sides. Leave it sit for 15 minutes or so and then rinse.
If you have plantings and/or grass surrounding your steps, be sure to water them first and then a good rinse after to dilute the washed off bleach.

Note: I prefer Clorox bleach. I have not had good luck with off-brands on my whites.

No comments: