Tuesday, June 27, 2006

My people

Now that the hangover has subsided… a couple of words about Pride.
What an amazing thing – so many people, from so many places. This was not only my first Pride but also my first time wandering around Greenwich Village. I loved it. It’s a fascinating little neighborhood and you can just feel the history of the place. It has amazing energy. So did the parade. The energy was great. I felt at home.
This is one reason why my wife and I love Ptown so much. It’s that feeling of being home. Its funny how I can feel so connected to all these gay people that I don’t know who are all so very different – butch, femme, dykes on bikes, drag queens, flames, transgenders, short or thin or rich or poor… edgy and conservative. These are all my people. I love these people.
I loved being a part of this thing.


No comments: