Friday, May 02, 2008

Friday

tip-o-day

I am not a fan of cleaning products with added bleach.
Yes, I do love bleach - it has it's own special purposes and there's nothing like it, but it's a pretty caustic cleaner and should be use prudently.

There really is no good reason to bleach everytime you clean. If it needs bleach each time - you're not cleaning it often enough.
Plus... you'll need to change your clothes whenever you pull it out of the cabinet or you'll risk those egregious little bleachy dots.

Buy something natural instead. Then you can clean as you go and not worry about the environment or your wardrobe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

feeling of Déjà vu just swept over me

Meaner Dog said...

So, what are some good natural, alternatives to bleach? Quite awhile back, I stopped buying all those pricey cleaning agents, and mostly use bleach, vinegar, and comet. Reason being that they worked best, and were inexpensive. I do use another cleaner that I found at Lowes called Krud Kutter.

eb said...

Comet, Windex and Simple Green. That's all I use.

I don't use bleach. It's so...bleachy.

Anonymous said...

My missus uses a cleaner that she mixes herself, the chief ingredient from what I can gather, is Ti-Tree oil. It is an olfactory delight and strips grease and other yucky stuff like you wouldn't believe. I'll see if I can get the 'recipe' from her.