Thursday, May 22, 2008

the acquittal

Ferris is no longer a convicted criminal.
We are so proud.

And all we had to do was:
- call a lawyer (after paying the ticket)
- have the lawyer file an appeal
- wait over a month for a court date (during which time the license suspension started)
- write a large retainer check
- drive to some far away court, to find out he didn't need to appear

Then the judge makes a ruling and the whole bad thing disappears.

Now all he has to do to get his license back is:
- 10 hours of community service
- write another check to cover the fees


Listen - if you're going to have kids think carefully about your career choices.
- work at a university (FREE tuition)
- be a lawyer
- be a cop
- be a mechanic
- run a restaurant (tho this really only applies to having boys)
- work at GameStop





8 comments:

Landlady of Fat said...

DAMMIT! NOW she tells me. ;)

Meaner Dog said...

For girls, you need to own a mall and all the store in it.

eb said...

Glad to hear that Ferris is no longer a convicted criminal although it might have been fun to see an episode of C.O.P.S. taped at your house.

chapin said...

I'm glad to hear Ferris is no longer a leading the life of a criminal. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that but I guess life has to test us some times. Thanks for the great advice...I'll keep it in mind.

SassyFemme said...

I'm really glad you guys were able to get that taken care of. What a mess this was.

Lee said...

free dog. free cat. free ferris.....y'all's song should be "free bird" I'm flicking my bic in tribute :)

Anonymous said...

I'm all set to comment here and I can't stop laughing at Lee's. OMG, that's too clever. Congrats!

Val said...

YAY! ;)