Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday

tip-o-day

Ok people... break it up...nothing more to see there... let's move on.

Alrighty then, today I want you to go out your front door, turn around, and look with fresh eyes.
Is your door clean? Is the glass clear and sparkly? Do the walk or steps need to be swept?

This is not only the entry into your home, but into your lives, your energy, your spirit. Let it be mindful, orderly and welcoming. You don't need expensive door knobs and knockers.
A simple entry that is tidy is most welcoming.

I've noticed that ours is in need of some paint and new weatherstripping...thanks to pets trying to open the door themselves. On the inside the FREE dog has just about clawed her way through the wood to get out at menacing delivery folk. Basically, the door is ruined. A new door is not in our budget this year, so ... I sweep, clean the glass, and shake the mat often.

My imaginative wife has placed a table on the porch by our entry. It holds a couple plants and some candles to greet our guests. If you come in the evening she will light them just prior to your arrival - even if evening has not yet cast its full shadow.

Remember, the entry is not only for guests. Every time you walk into your home you should feel centered and peaceful. A welcoming entrance can set that stage.

Go on... get up... go look.

6 comments:

brenda said...

R.I.P MICH...
o uh oops

Tango's Going Ons said...

True, so true!!

I can't do to much to the outside of my home, but when you come inside it's clean and comfy.

Can't have any clutter living in a tiny home so I always put things away once I have used them.

Lovely porch you have there. :)

sageweb said...

This is exactly why I go in my garage door..I dont want to have to see something else i need to clean.

Anonymous said...

All I see lately are wet pinetree needles and baby pine cones. As soon as we clean it up the dang rain brings more down. Oh, and the spiders build their webs near the door. Ugh!!!

KMae said...

We walk in thru the kitchen.
Yeah, I gotta straighten up the mail on the table.

Val said...

I agree with ya.

And fortunately, our downstairs neighbor (a teacher by trade) has a focus of planting many lovely plants in our shared entryway and we exit and enter thru a lovely array of colors... bless her!
It makes me smile each and every time I see it.