Monday, June 29, 2009

The twins and our prodigal son

We had a sleep over this weekend with the SIL and BIL's twin girls. We had so much fun.






I told them some stories from the Grimm brothers. And then a couple of less dark classics. Tho I don't remember all the details of most fairy tales so I embellished a bit. I think my rendition of The Three Bears was a hit.









Then Ferris...who we may now need to refer to as Giacomo - returned from his Italian adventure. The stories on the car ride home were unbelievable. He told me as we walked through the airport parking lot that this was the best decision of his life and may never be topped. He saw Rome, and Florence and Milan and the Alps and the Amalfi coast and Sorrento and Cinque Terre and ... the list goes on... all while enjoying a women to men ratio of about 10 to 1.

As you can see...he'll be going back.*

He brought gifts for all.. including little Firenze soccer jerseys for the girls.


*A traditional legend holds that if visitors throw a coin into the fountain, they are ensured a return to Rome.

5 comments:

e said...

What a great post! Happiness abounding. Those twins are adorable, almost as much as Ferris... :-)

sageweb said...

The son is a handsome boy. BAbies are especially nice when you get they aren't your to handle the dirty diapers.

alter rigo said...

Oh man! Now I want another one.

Val said...

very sweet... nice to play with and then give 'em back, right?

RivkA with a capital A said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for sharing your positive energy!!

RivkA