Wednesday, June 24, 2009

let the sun shine in

Ok... well if there were sun. It would be able to shine in after today.

We hired someone to raise the canopy on a big maple tree right behind our house.
You can see the tree in the picture below.
We started to notice an increase in moss and mold because there was just not enough light and air.



The only way to do this is to have someone climb the tree because its not accessible with a bucket.
From my office window here in the attic I am at eye level with this fellow as he begins the job.


Then there is this other guy down on the ground.


They have to lower the branches because of the patio and plantings below the tree.
They are being very careful.


Whaddya think Sara?

7 comments:

sageweb said...

That does not look fun at all. All that hard physical work..I need a beer just looking at the pictures.

sara said...

Pretty good, For boys. Too bad you're too far away, You could have paid me in beer.

KMae said...

It grieves me how MUCH tree people charge to do that kind of work. I need a lot done, but alas, can not afford $5000.

Show us a pic of the finished tree!

Jen said...

I would have made Sara charge you beer AND a dinner... obviously, I am the hard ass in the relationship!

Anonymous said...

We should probably have that done with some of the pines along the driveway and the trees to the right of the house.

e said...

Bless you for not chopping the tree down!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.