Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Just call me Martha...

The interview went swimmingly. Mostly because of my smashing suit.
I got stuck in traffic on the way home. Like crazy traffic. The kind of traffic that you can't get out of by exiting the highway. The kind of traffic that is everywhere on every road as every one tries to get away from it... to outsmart it. Ha.

It's been a long time since I have commuted to work - this predicament reminded me of the commuting basics. Most importantly - pee before you leave. Also at all times in the car you should have: a bottled water, a snack, a good book, and a cell phone charger. Oh, and gas in the gas tank is always smart. I missed a couple of those last night - but I survived. I will be ready next time.

I decided to take a little time off from my job quest to get all Christmasy.
Since we are watching our pennies - I simply went outside and gathered cuttings from around the yard.

I made this nifty swag for the porch.


I used some of my leftover materials to make this little arrangement for the table.


Hung wreaths on the front windows (its pouring out...so you get an inside picture).


Popped a tiny little hat on David...


And yes... in case you are wondering - of course I am wearing a Santa hat too.


Ho. Ho. Ho.

13 comments:

Landlady of Fat said...

BEST of luck on the job!

You guys are so creative -- I'm totally jealous. :)

Meaner Dog said...

You are so creative!!!

BTW, I too am now a casualty of the fallen economy. I hope to maintain the optimism that you have shown.

Good Luck!!

LostInColor said...

I love the swag! And good luck on the interview!

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Did you wear the hat to the interview?

Syd said...

Beautifully done, Martha.

Anonymous said...

Wow- hat's off to your creativity! We got an extra bunch of branches when we got our tree and had the bizarre notion that we'd make wreaths. The branches are now a trip hazard outside the front door!

SassyFemme said...

Decorations look great! Yeah on a good interview.

Anonymous said...

you wore your new santa suit to the interview???

Heather said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! As for getting all Christmas-y, I LOVE IT :)

Middle Girl said...

Lovely decorations. Natch.

Here's to positive news coming from the good interview.

Cheers.

Val said...

Love the Grinch.

Glad things are under control over there!

KraftyKay said...

Very cute! Good luck with the job search.

DB said...

Love the decorations! We need something simple. Care for a trip to Alabama? It's cold, rainy, and supposed to snow and ice tonight. Yummy...

Lesson learned from Christmases past, indoor greens sometimes equals baby ticks hatching in the warmth of your beautiful home. Just keep a look out for "dirt" that won't stop accumulating under the greens.

Oh, and the violin in the David shot. Do you play?