Thursday, July 23, 2009

I love my sensible shoes

I was sitting at my desk at work feeling a little chilly - luckily I had brought a sweater. Sometimes the A/C in the office gets to me.

I went to get a cup of tea to warm up and passed the elevator on my way.
Standing there was a very attractive young woman in a rather clingy short dress. Once I got past the oogling - I noticed her clingy little dress was short sleeved and she wore strappy high heeled sandals. While I was easily able to appreciate every curve - nothing about that outfit looked the least bit comfortable.
I mean I may be a little colder than most - but this woman had very little on, and her feet were completely exposed. Brrr.

A fellow walked up to also wait for the elevator. He was wearing standard business-ish attire. Pleated pants with sensible shoes, I will take a leap and assume he was wearing stylish, yet comfortable, trouser socks. Long sleeve dress shirt with a short sleeve white T underneath.
He looked very comfortable.
He looked warm.
I can understand a woman wanting to look pretty and fashionable - but to me that woman standing there just started to look - -- well ... cold.
I wanted to toss her a blanket.

How many times have I seen a fancy couple out to dinner. The woman in a gorgeous sleeveless dress, and sandals. Her manly date in a suit. In November.
sheesh women...

It's times like these that just make me so happy to be a sensibly dressed lesbian.

7 comments:

sageweb said...

So true, I freeze in my office and I have no idea how the sexy girl dressers pull it off.

psu.acoustician said...

hit the nail on the head with this one

Anonymous said...

Girly as I am, warmth is far more important to me!

Jen said...

I dress warmly comfortably AND feel free to adjust our office thermostat according to my needs.

e said...

I'm with you, sensible clothes and shoes... and access to the thermostat.

Warmth and coolth, really, though. When I see women in hot climates wearing panty hose on a daily basis, I feel bad for them. Men in their cool seersucker suits and the women in something constricting, hot-making, and just plain uncomfortable.

I guess that goes for anytime we suffer for fashion. I can justify it for an occasion, but not for going to work.

Val said...

I'm with you, but sometimes you have to forget that 'sensible' stuff and be happy to have the sights around ya, no?!!!

Trop said...

I'm grateful for a lifetime of sensible shoe-wearing every time I compare my feet to my younger sister's. She's worn heels all her adult life and her feet are completely disfigured.