Tuesday, November 22, 2005

New Digs

I moved to a new cubicle today. Well my whole department is moving actually.
The company is growing, so alot of us are getting shuffled around.
Moving is good. Its a chance to purge and re-organized. Plus... these cubicles get sooo dusty, its just good to abandon them now and again.

My new cubicle is quite lovely, altho its not actually new. We got a deal ... a 'gently' used deal. I do beg to differ on the 'gently' part - there more than a few scrapes and bangs. But, with enough tacky cube decor - that shouldn't really matter.
The cubes are beige - very BEIGE. Beige walls, beige work surfaces, beige cabinets. All very beige, except for these new BIG black chairs. The chairs are fabulous. They are brand new, right out of the box, lots-o-chair control levers. Our group is the envy of the entire floor now...because of the new chairs. Pathetic as that may be.

I had the brain-rotting fluorescent lights above my cubicle removed. Fluorescent lights are very bad for my chi. Luckily, I am seating near and around others who worship the dark as well. We will all sit here in the back, in the dark with our little ceramic heaters fired up. We are like mushrooms.

I will be having a space clearing in here later ...just to whisk out any left over bad energy that may be kicking around. You really never know what you are getting when you buy these things used -you can't be too careful.
If these cubes could talk...

No comments: