Monday, November 21, 2005

Welp. Iths done.

(Sorry I missed tip of the day last week.– I will do a tip of the day on Wednesday this week for the long weekend.)
I am not even sure how many shots of Novocain it actually took. I remember 4 of them clearly. The nerve just wouldn’t get numb. Every thing else was getting numb but not that persnickety nerve. So finally – he just cranked the gas waaayyyy up, exposed the nerve and doused it directly. I felt it…but the gas was soooo high, well actually I was soooo high – that it just didn’t matter. My eye got droopy again but my throat wasn’t as bad so I could speak and swallow. So we went ahead and did the root canal.
While the gas was turned way up I could hear him saying he had never seen anything like this – the root was so deep and there were four roots where he expected 3.
I am a dental freak.
So now it’s done, and I am still numb. He offered me vicadin for the afternoon. Sadly it makes me sick… so no more good drugs for me today. A little ibuprophen and we’ll call it a day. Let’s see what happens when the Novocain wears off.

No comments: